Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fast Food For Thought

1)If Brian Mulroney ran against Pierre Trudeau today who would win?

2)How about if Sir Charles Tupper ran against Arthur Meighen?

Or 3)What about Sir Mackenzie Bowell vs Sir John Joseph Caldwell Abbott?

Haven't heard of either of them, have you? LOL If you can answer the second or third question, you have to be the smartest Canadian alive. I will, therefore, nominate you for a Genius Grant (although, I have to confess, I'm not exaclty in such good standing w/ the Genius ppl after the "incident").

Seriously, though, I wonder if Mulroney or Trudeau would win? Tough call really. I guess they were sort of from different eras/generations. Sort of like comparing apples and oranges. But which one is the apple and which one is the orange? hmmm...Or is one of them a grapefruit?
More on this later after I finish clapping with one hand.

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Well, the two of them combined had the IQ of less than a doughnut so it's a coin toss.

1:47 AM  
Blogger Werben said...

Are you referring to Sir Charles Tupper and Arthur Meighen, or Sir Mackenzie Bowell and Sir John Joseph Caldwell Abbott? :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Well, I was referring to each set. I think there was a song by the Arrogant Worms "History is made by stupid people" I think it does play true in a lot of cases!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Werben said...

I couldn't agree more.

Has history even been made by a "smart person"? I think all the smart ppl generally stay out of the way while the stupid ppl throw shit at each other!

Although, there are always exceptions I guess ...

9:27 PM  
Blogger Havril said...

As for Trudeau/Mulroney, IMHO the more interesting question is: if they had a fistfight back in the day, who would have won? Granted, Bri could take one on the chin better than most, but my money would be on Pierre.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Werben said...

Hmmmm...a fistfight? I could see Mulroney sucker punching Trudeau when he wasn't paying attention. Then Trudeau pretends to be really hurt. Brian starts to feel bad so he bends down to see if Pierre is ok, but Trudeau was only bluffing and he grabs Brian's legs. Brian's big chin gives him a poor sense of balance, so he easily falls over. And then Trudeau starts pummeling Mulroney where it hurts, square on the chin!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home