Monday, January 09, 2006

A Porsche, a Kia and Jack Layton's mustache



So it's come down to this...

Because I don't see much of a difference between the tax-cut and spin Liberals and Conservatives, and the NDP never gets any votes in my 905-land rididng, and because the Green Party's "neo-conservative conservation" platform seems straight out of the Republican playbook, I HAVE NO ONE TO VOTE FOR.

Yes, that's right. And there is no Santa Claus either. Sorry, kids. He's just an old fat drunk in a rented red suit. Even the beard is fake. As fake as Scary Stephen's 180 degree ideological makeover this election, that is.

So, like thousands of other Canadians, I've decided to consider selling my vote.

http://www.buymyvote.ca/

Hey, maybe I could make a few bucks off what is otherwise, this time, a worthless vote. I mean, whether I vote Grit or Tory, the rich are gonna get richer and the middle class is gonna continue to shrink, right?

Call me a cynic, but I might as well use my vote strategically. But not in the sense that usually means, in a normal election. Seriously, here, we're just gonna end up with another lame duck (that's "canard fou" in Quebec) minority government that will fall in a year or less anyway. I'll be surpriseed if voter turnout is over 10 per cent.

Although the Porsche would be nice, I'm not so sure I could afford the insurance or the maintenance costs. Maybe I'll go for a nice Kia instead. I'm told the 2006 Kia line has spark plugs.

To be continued when I figure out what to get for my vote...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home