Sunday, February 12, 2006

I hate Frampton Comes Alives

Am I the only one who really just doesn't get why Frampton Comes Alives is one of the biggest selling albums of all-time? I just really don't understand Frampton's appeal. Oh, wow, he's using a talk box in one of his songs! ooooh...I don't know...Maybe you just had to be there. The '70s I mean. I was only there for a few months.

All of that is my really sad lead-in to the top ten live albums of all-time (rock albums that is, I think I'll leave jazz/blues for when I have a few hundred hours to figure out a way to condense hundreds of worthy contenders down to 10).

Here's my top 10 live albums and in no apparent order:

1. Jimi Hendrix – Band Of Gypsies Live At The Fillmore East
2.The Who – Live At Leeds
3.Pink Floyd – Pulse
4.U2- Under A Blood Red Sky
5. Rolling Stones – unreleased live sbd recordings from 72/73 (while not an official live album, if you listen to the countless bootlegs out there, you're really hard pressed to figure out why the f***** a live album was never released). In the mean time, I guess Get Yer Ya Ya's Out, certainly no slouch itself, will have to due.
6. Stevie Ray Vaughan – Live At Montreux
7. Jethro Tull – Bursting Out Live
8. Neil Young – Weld
9. Jimi Hendrix – Live At Winterland (sadly, inexplicably OUT OF PRINT? Why? Why? Why did they have to go and do that? At least I managed to snag a copy for myself though...)
10. The Band – Rock Of Ages

Did I leave anything important out? I must have. I probably left a lot of important stuff out. And please don't say I left out KISS Alive LOL That whole album was recorded in a studio (and if you don't want to take my word for it, take Gene's – he's said so in countless interviews). About the only "live" part is the crowd – although, for all I know they could have been canned as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home