Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bring back Juan Guzman

Late August is now upon us, the time of year where I ironically yell "Go Jays, go!" and then laugh maniacally to myself as I check the standings to find out if this year's crop of sorry losers and has-beens have finished out of the cellar. This is the only time I check the baseball standings all season you see (I stopped caring about baseball after the '94 strike and have stopped caring about most pro sports in general after the hockey strike).

As an ex-fan from way back, I seem to relish how bad the Jays have been the past few years. Not sure why, but in honour of their current tough guy manager, here's a nice limerick written by myself:

There was once a manager named Gibbons
Who tore his players to ribbons
His steamy temper sure was hot
But alas, his ballclub was not
And he was last seen sleeping next to a bunch of pigeons